Any system you implement must provide the flexibility to adapt to the changing business and environmental challenges you face on a daily basis. Having to change or limit the needs of the business due to limitations in your systems is just unacceptable.
Adaptive Technologies allow you to override your MFA configuration on a contextual level for any login request - providing unlimited flexibility.
PerimeterMFA comes with a robust library of Adaptives and the system can be extended to meet your very specific requirements.
Modify your MFA rules based upon the Geo-Location of the user request
- Forbid all access from unauthorized locations like North Korea, China or Anonymous Networks
- Only allow phone-enrollment while on company network
- Do not allow login attempts from geographically impossible travel patterns (i.e. Los Angeles at 9:00am and Boston at 10:30am)
- Let all users bypass secondary challenges if they are in the corporate headquarters
Modify your MFA rules based upon the Time and Day of the user request
- Require Authenticator, TOTP or SmarterUnlock outside of normal business hours
- Do not allow access to self service during payroll processing
Modify your MFA rules based upon the Requested Resource of the user request
- Require Authenticator, TOTP or SmarterUnlock for financial applications
- Do not allow access to critical applications to specific users
Modify your MFA rules based upon the History of the user's activity
- Only allow access to critical applications from a known device for given user
- Do not allow access to critical business applications from mobile devices
- Establish Trust Policies where casual users may bypass secondary authentication if logging in from the same computer/IP address combination as previous logins